You may have already read on our site but the Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp over accommodation for up to 120 people in bunkstyle accommodation.
What a great way to create some comradeship, develop better relationships in your club among members and have a fun weekend away doing what you love most.
Our Camp Manager is also an experienced runner and Race or Event Director for running events. He is the former Race Director of the O’Keefe (Marathon) Challenge setting up the event in its inaugural years, former General Manager of Athletics Bendigo and has arranged numerous cross country events and courses.
Our location in Maldon among some of the most scenic trails in the state provides a fantastic opportunity for your running, walking or hiking club to hold an event.
What we can offer?
- Organise a cross country course running event or hike.
- We do all the course marking and event timing.
- We organise the Parks Victoria permits for the event.
- Provide different options for distances and difficulty that cater to the needs of your group e.g. children’s shorter distance, middle distance and longer distances. Flatter, slightly undulating or very undulating. It’s your choice.
- Greatly enhancing what your club offers to its members.
What you need to do?
- Be an incorporated club or group.
- Organise your members and their transport here.
- Decide the difficulty and distance of your event as we have plenty of options.
- We will organise everything else.
Just have an enjoyable weekend with your club members. Maldon and the area offers an abundance of other activities or things to enjoy. It is Australia’s First Notable town due to its pioneer like appearance that remains from the 1800’s and 1900’s to this day. Its charm is unparalleled, together with its cafes, antique shops, interesting businesses, artists, mine tours, museums, the steam train between Maldon and Castlemaine, geocaching and other historical sites in the heart of the goldfields will make for a unique time to remember. For further information on what to do and see in Maldon please go to https://www.maldon.org.au/.
The Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp also offers an abundance of things to do on site and excellent facilities. Shaded grassed areas, basketball court, sand volleyball court, 18 hole mini golf, low ropes course, table tennis tables, 9 metre rock wall (fee applies), bike riding, modern self-catering kitchen, conference/games room, bbq’s and more…………
How much does it cost for us to host and organise your event?
Dependent on numbers attending and whether there is an overnight stay required in the accommodation will impact on the cost. We do understand most clubs have families and affordability is paramount in the whole family being able to attend and participate in your event. Please contact us on 03 5475 2033 or via email at email@example.com.